Benefits of Hydrotherapy
Hydrotherapy in conjunction with veterinary treatment can significantly improve the quality and rate of healing following surgery or traumatic injury. After surgery the careful use of hydrotherapy can help with rehabilitation and increase the chance of a successful return to full fitness. Enhancing general health and fitness can aid convalescence and speed up recovery.
Hydrotherapy has specific effects on body tissues
- Relief of pain, swelling & stiffness
- Muscle strengthening and maintenance.
- Alleviating muscle spasm.
- Increased range of motion in joints
- Improved circulation
- Cardiovascular fitness (heart & lungs)
- Increased tissue healing
- Increased speed of recovery